- Great for classroom demonstrations involving Power Plants or Conversion of Energy
- Working turbine powers several different accessories via electricity generated by connected motor
- Transparent cover allows you to see the turbine working
- Connect to any standard faucet with included hoses
- There is a small hole in the back to relieve air pressure.
Eisco Labs Hydro-electric Power Station
This Hydro-electric power generator is composed of a well made turbine with transparent cover connected to a small motor to generate electricity. Ideal for classroom demonstrations, students can directly observe the process of conversion of water flow to electrical energy that occurs in hydro-electric power plants.
A brass chromed water wheel is mounted in a cast aluminum casing about 10cm in diameter. The water turbine is mounted on a metal base together with a dynamo, motor, lamp, LED, and a two way selecting switch.
The apparatus is specially designed for operation under low water pressure, and performs extremely well with higher water pressure. Supplied are a 25mm diameter outflow tubing and an inlet tubing with adaptor for larger size water taps.
A switch selects delivering power to either a lamp or a Newton’s Color Disc, which when spinning appears to turn white. The LED has constant power, but can be removed if you instead want to draw current from the output terminals via the 4mm leads.
Dimensions of the unit are 13 x 9 x 7.5 inches. Supplied with manual.
|Dimensions||13 × 9 × 7.5 in|